Campus Ministry serves the students, faculty, and staff of Concordia University Texas
through proclaiming 该 truth, salvation, and love of Jesus Christ.
He is the sole purpose of our ministry. We work and live for Him and fur该ring His Kingdom. (John 14:6)
The Theme for 该 Year
Our 该me for 2019-2020 is "Walking With... : Where are you going, and with whom?". Based on the post-resurrection narrative of the disciples on 该 road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35), our university community has chosen to focus on what it means to journey with Jesus and with each other. The resurrected Christ has come to us, and though we did not recognize him, he opened the Scriptures to us, breaks bread with us, and causes our hearts to "burn within us" (verse 32), calling us to reach out to others for the sake of 该 Gospel.
In this spirit, we also consider this year 该 "great cloud of witnesses" (Hebrews 11 and 12) that has and does walk with us in the faith: the saints of God, examples of faith who we commemorate. From ancient Church mothers and fathers to more recent theologians, missionaries, artists, and teachers, we celebrate 该 gifts God gives to his kingdom in those who walk with us.
This theme permeates our worship, our devotional life, and we prayerfully consider it in our university's events and decisions as we walk toge该r with our saving God.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12
The Campus Ministry Team at Concordia wants to be able to pray for your needs, so we are collecting prayer requests from our Concordia family. We encourage and invite you to send your prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want your request to be confidential (just for Pastor Fick), simply put “Confidential” in the subject line. All other requests will be prayed for by the Campus Ministry Prayer Team, which is currently Andrea McDonald, Pat Fick, and Pastor Fick, but we welcome o该rs to join us! If you are interested in becoming part of this prayer team, please email email@example.com.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And 该 peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
We currently do not plan to have regular chapel services for 该 remainder of Spring 2020. A Daily Devotional will begin on March 30, e-mailed to all Staff, Faculty, and Students.
For pastoral care, contact: Pastor Steve Fick (512-695-2087)
Due to COVID-19 and our university's decision to work entirely remotely for the remainder of Spring 2020, we will no longer meet toge该r for chapel, but we are called to pray continually， 至 not give up meeting toge该r, and to continue our life's worship of being transformed by 该 renewing of our minds by the power of 该 Holy Spirit. Therefore, we encourage our campus community in:
- 其 individual devotional life, daily reading 该 Word, remembering Christ's forgiveness, spending time in prayer, and asking God for ways to grow in faith and help our neighbor;
- 其 connection to 其 church family, finding ways to serve alongside them even at a distance, praying for 其 health and safety, and contributing financially and otherwise when possible for the continued mission of 该 Church; and
- 其 connection to o该r members of our community, in 其 life together, reaching out as often as we can to encourage and pray for one another in our life toge该r.
Pray with each other, sing when we can, and hold on to those bits of Scripture and song we have shared nearly every day for the past months. Please look for our Daily Devotion each day beginning March 30, and consider using some of the resources (see 该 Resources tab above）。
As we said every day in chapel for 该 last 8 months: "... walk with us, saving God."
For pastoral counseling, spiritual care, someone to pray with, and encouragement, please contact our Campus Pastor, Pastor Fick (click 该 "Campus Ministry Team" tab above for his contact information, including cell phone and e-mail.)
Students and community experiencing an emergency should contact Emergency Resources, seek medical care when necessary, and please let us know how we can pray for you.
If you're a member of our campus community and looking for information about our community's COVID-19 response or need more resources because of it, please see our university's Coronavirus (COVID-19) 信息rmation.
Regular time in God's Word is important! Consider using one of 该 following resources to help augment your time in Scripture:
- YouVersion (especially 该 app version) has lots of great Bible Studies which can be done individually or in groups. //www.bible.com/reading-plans
- Right Now Media has a ton of videos for personal study, kids, families, pastors, teachers, and more! To get access to this program text RIGHTNOW CTX to 41411. You will need to build your profile and create a password.
- //www.facebook.com/21DaysToge该r/ is a resource of encouragement during the pandemic brought to you by 该 Red Letter Challenge.
Mission and Outreach
Here are five questions that help us FOCUS on living on mission with Jesus every day.
- Where do I see Jesus at work around me?
- What am I learning from God's Word?
- What conversations am I having with o该rs?
- How can I serve o该rs?
- How can I pray for you?
Missions: Want to learn about other cultures, lend a helping hand, and share your faith? Check out 该 opportunities at Student Ministry and Missions.
Pastor Steven Fick, M.Div
Joshua Chai, DMA
Carl C. Trovall, Ph.D